Thursday, February 18, 2010

How About Some Pictures

Prayer Warriors,

The comments on the this blog have been absolutely amazing.  It proves that in this life we are surrounded by a multitude of Spirit filled people that are heading down the same direction.  Thank you.  Thank you for your comments, prayers, and individual responses to Kamara and Rod.

Little Baby Cox continues to fight for life and thrive.  Her weight compares to that weight of a big sandwich, hamburger, or steak. Incredible!  I imagine her someday to be the person you want on your side if you ever have a situation where you need someone that has your backside, a scrapper.  If you are walking down a dark alley in the middle of the night, who do you wish were there? Baby Cox.

Today, she had a blood transfusion which she took well; this helps her increase her blood supply.  Earlier today, Rod actually was able to pick her up for the first time, while the nurse changed her bedding.  He actually didn't get to hold her like you think, but just raised her a few inches above her bed, but it was the first time Rod or Kamara was able to pick up their daughter.  If you have a child at home right now and the next time you pick him/her up,  take a brief second and think this is a gift from above.  Their "Touch Time" with Baby Cox are at 8:00 am, 12:00 pm, and 4:00pm;  please pray that during this time, Baby Cox truly knows how much she is deeply loved by a multitude of individuals, especially by the hands that touch her.  May she know her Heavenly Father loves her most of all, and His angels are watching and fighter for her.

Many family and friends continue to surround Kamara and Rod with prayer, smiles, and good conversation.   As some of the comments have been said, today was Kamara's birthday.  She turns a big age of 32.  The nurses and family members brought her a couple of cakes.  This was very sweet of them.  Happy Birthday Kamara!

Included in this update are several pictures, a few from the NICU and a few from their room.




 


  


 


 


 




 



Preemie diaper 1/2 size of a newborn diaper
 

Tonight is the last night that Rod and Kamara will have a room at the hospital.  They were able to enjoy a steak and lobster dinner, called a "Celebration Dinner."  It will be tough on them leaving and not being able to take Baby Cox home with them.  The family asks that you pray that they will be at peace and that the transition from hospital to home with be a smooth one. 

Our next prayers that we are specifically asking for are for Kamara and Rod to be at peace that only He can provide as they have to leave their daughter at the NICU.  We also ask that you continue to pray that she will be able to do well even after the steroid shot wears off. 

(By the way, the times listed of the posting are two hours behind when I am actually posting.)

In Him,

zp

28 comments:

Bethany said...

Kamara,
Just got back from a evening of prayer at our church where we spent time lifting up your precious little one. I'm emailing you a list of Scriptures that I meditated upon during pregnancy/labor--I'm praying the Lord will speak to you through them.
Love y'all!

Holly said...

Rod and Kam,
My heart truly hurts from afar today. I can't tell you how much I am thinking about and praying for you guys and your sweet baby girl. I wish so much that I could do something to make this all better for you. Kam, I know this birthday has been completely unimaginable and I truly hate that for you. I pray that you have had some peace today, in the midst of all that is going on. I am so thankful for you and the blessing you are to your family, friends, and so many others. You are an amazing mom and I believe in you. Although this path is not the one you hoped for, I know you can do it. Wishing I could be with you guys right now. We are continually praying.
Lots of love,
Holly (and fam)

tami said...

Kamara-praying for you, Rod, and Baby C. Know that you are being bathed in prayer. When you don't have the strength to do that, others are lifting you up to the Father. Also know that you are not alone in this walk. Others have been through this or something similar. We are here to support you during this time. The LORD is faithful. Lean on Him and those He has placed in your life. We love you, your family, and that new so sweet baby girl.

Jenny and David said...

Such beautiful pictures, I'm in awe of God's sweet and precious gift of life! Praying for her little body to grow stronger and to fight! I know this is such a difficult path to be walking... for your strength and unwavering faith in Him. Love you guys! Jenny, David, and Colton

Chris and Merry said...

Thank you so much for posting the pictures! It brings tears to my eyes everytime I read a post about her. I am so thankful that she is fighting so hard for life. Happy Birthday Kamara! We love you!

Laura said...

I love seeing these pictures of your precious girl, especially the ones of you both with her! They are beautiful! The image of you literally covering her sweet body with your hands is a precious reminder of how this baby and your entire family are being sheltered right now. God is moving in mighty ways and we are so blessed to be able to watch as you call everyone's attention to Him. Praying with confidence...

Hollee said...

Kamara,
We've been praying for you. Last night I had my preemie babies pray for your preemie. I remember the day I had to leave the hospital without my babies...Sam thought they were going to have to carry me out. Once home, I planned to visit at a couple touch times each day. Rest up and continue to pump (I think I read you were pumping)...that is one thing only you can do to help Baby C. I still have our preemie sized diapers (and other preemie things)...I know my kids will get a kick out of it someday. This world is filled with lots of 24 week fighters!
Love you guys!!

The Timberframer's Wife said...

Praying for your sweet baby girl and both of you as well. May God just hold you all very tightly in His love and power and wisdom.

Amy Porter said...

I'm so thankful for these updates...I check for them the second I wake up and any time I have a chance during the day. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers and I'm so thankful for the fight Baby C has in her! I can't wait to meet her...I know she is a super special girl! We love you all!!

Aimee said...

We are praying for you guys! Thank you so much for the updates and the specifics on what to pray for.

Aimee and Eric Smith

Melissa said...

Rod & Kam,
I know your lives are forever changed with this challenge, but I am confident you are being made even stronger through it! We are constantly praying for Baby Cox to keep fighting and for you both to keep trusting!
We love y'all!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jamie said...

Rod and Kamara...we are thinking and praying for you and your little baby girl. The updates are great and knowing what to specifically pray for is so helpful. Know that you are being covered in prayer.

Love,
Jamie Schlegel

Carolyn said...

Kam and Rod, you have been in our thoughts and prayers constantly. We love you and are so glad to hear about Baby Cox's fighting spirit. Nobody puts Baby Cox in a corner! :-) Wish we were there to hug you all but know that we are covering you in prayers from the East Coast.

The G Berg Family said...

I am one of Jenny Meek's friends...praying for you all!

emily anna said...

Rod and Kam,
Today I am praying for you to be at peace. When I am anxious I love to think on this verse...

He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals his thoughts to man, he who turns dawn into darkness, and treads the high places of the earth- The Lord God Almighty is His name. Amos 4:13

God is so mighty, I know that He is holding your sweet baby in his hands.
Love,
Emily

Unknown said...

Kamara, I remember so well leaving Ethan at the hospital in the NICU and having to come home. I am praying for you today especially as you have to do that too.

Melody said...

Rod & Kamara -

I am so thankful to hear how great your sweet little girl has been doing. She is such a strong fighter! It's comforting to know that miracles do happen through Him...even today! The pictures of you guys with her are so precious - thanks for sharing them with us. We are lifting you up in prayer throughout this journey.

Amy said...

Love the pictures, thank you for sharing. What a precious little girl, we love her so much already! Praying all the time for you guys. Will be praying a special prayer today for you as I know you will be leaving Baby C in the NICU. Praying for confidence, strength, and peace and for the Lord to bind Satan from your thoughts and from your family.
There is nothing natural or easy about leaving your baby in the hospital, but you can do this and the Lord will give you the strength to do it. My heart aches for you because this is not the way it's supposed to be and I'm sorry. But, the God is faithful and loves you so much and so do we and sooooo many others. Know that we are praying and will be specifically praying for your "touch times" and that those times will be blessed. Love you!

Unknown said...

We're praying for your family! God bless your beautiful new daughter with strength and health!

angie said...

How wonderful to see pictures of you touching your sweet baby! We love you.

Dee said...

Congratulations on the birth of your precious little girl. You don't know me, but I just learned of her birth and wanted to offer you hope and encouragement. I know that she is such a wonderful blessing to you and that the Lord has her in the palm of His Hand. Our precious Savior is a Lord who heals and I believe she is healing and growing perfectly at this moment. God has such great plans for her life and your family. Her precious life has brought about a powerful testimony to our Lord's grace. I pray for hope, healing and complete joy for your entire family. God Bless and keep you near His heart.
Dee

Mallory & Kelby said...

I am a grade school friend of Ashely Nelson. She listed your blog in a note section on good ole FB. My little angels were born at 24wks and 3days - 11/16/07. Today they are very healthy, energetic, wonderful little girls. You would have no idea they were born so fragile. The NICU journey is a roller coaster, BUT thankfully you have the almighty healer on your side. It is such an amazing gift to be allowed to literally watch God perform a miracle day in and day out. Praying for your sweet baby girl. She is and will always be a tough little girl. Hang in there! In Him, Jennifer (our blog: cheathamtriplets.blogspot.com)

L. Mida said...

Praying for you all. I have forwarded the link to your blog to MANY prayer warriors. Love you, your family and this precious baby girl. Thank you for giving us the honor of praying with y'all for complete health and healing.

Blessings- Leslie (Dunn) Mida & Family

mallory said...

The Jackson family is praying hard! Brian and Mallory

MICA said...

Kamara,

Jonathan and I are praying for your precious baby girl. We pray that God will give you what you need to make it through each hour, minute and day. I keeping thinking that nothing is impossible for God. He loves you and your sweet little family and will take care of you.

Love,
Jonathan and Mica Tipton

The Speck family said...

You guy are on our minds and in our prayers constantly- your baby girl is so precious and we are so thankful that she is fighting so hard. I'm sure you have heard that life in the NICU is a roller-coaster and marathon, so the things that helped us most were resting, eating, and sleeping when we needed to, limiting visitors when we needed to, and just letting ourselves feel our pain/fear/shock as it came. There are angels surrounding her little bed every second of the day, especially when you guys cannot physically be there. Hugs and love, Kelly S.

Kristen and Robbie Hudson said...

Rod and Kamara,
The pictures of Baby C are just amazing. She is so beautiful and so lucky to have you both for parents. My heart is with you as you leave the hospital today. Just know that God is watching over her and protecting her when you can't be with her. You are both an inspiration to everyone! Your strength and courage are unfathomable. We love you and are thinking of you!