Although Ryleigh's birthday is tomorrow, today is when the labor started a year ago. I remember all the details of the day, as if it was yesterday. Some of them I wish I could forget. For those of you who have been reading my blog, you know that I had bleeding in my entire pregnancy with Ryleigh. It was not the pregnancy that I had planned. Two weeks before Ryleigh was born I had gone to a high risk doctor to see exactly what was going on inside my body. There were two different blood clots, one of which he felt could cause my water to break. At the time I wasn't even 23 weeks pregnant. He had told me that if I could make it to 28 weeks we would be in a much better situation. I was not put on bed rest though. The thing of it is, I would often times bleed more if I was lying down. I am not convinced that bed rest would have even helped me. I remember crying in fear after he left the room .
Fast forward to Valentine's Day. Rod and I had decided to get out for once, even though I was trying hard to stay off my feet. We went out to dinner with friends, and then treated ourselves to a movie. I remember having some pain walking to the theater, but didn't think too much about it. The entire pregnancy was painful for me. When we were on our way home, "I Will Rise" was playing on the radio, and I started crying. I told Rod, "Expect a lot of tears from me for awhile." Little did I know what was to come. When I got home, all the sudden I lost a lot of blood. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Our high risk doctor said that sometimes I will bleed more than others. I kind of was freaked out, but figured it was probably fine.(Later I found out, that was most likely when my water broke.) The next day I hardly had any bleeding, and felt better. Fast forward to Feb. 16.... My mom came over to see if she could help me out any. Our small group had a maid come to clean for us. My mom brought my neice Isabelle with her and we had burgers. I remember putting Aubrey in time out a few times. (Now that's something I feel guilty about, probably didn't help the labor) My mom could see I was having some pain and said, "Kamara, your not in labor are you?" My response, "No, mom I have had pain this entire pregnancy." Driving to Tami's house I had some more pain. We watched Idol from the night before and hung out before I went home. Tami and I love each other dearly but we don't typically kiss each other. For whatever reason, she kissed me on the cheek that day. That night we had our friends the Dickersons bring us a meal. The Lord had his hand in even that tiny detail. Angie had told me to think about where I wanted deliver, due to the NICUs, and that I may want to consider Medical Center of Plano when the time came. A little later I was sitting and watching Idol when I started realizing I was having pains every 10 minutes. I started getting nervous then. Rod and I continued to see if they got worse, and they stayed about the same for awhile or went away. We called the doctor around 9:30, when we realized this could be it. The pains got worse and worse. We waited till our friend Ben came over to stay at the house with Aubrey, and we both headed to the hospital. As we were driving, I started crying. Rod said, "You don't know, they might be able to stop it, or maybe it's not even labor." At that point, I had no doubt that this baby was trying to come......stay tuned for more tomorrow.
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
So hard to read your post and remember the fear from that night. I can not believe it has been a year!!! I can not think about that night without hearing Ryleigh's verse... "the breathe of the Almighty gives her life." Thank you Lord for giving life!!! Much love to Ryleigh Grace on this special day!
Post a Comment