We have had a very cold week in Frisco! I think we are all starting to go a little stir crazy! There is also a chance of snow tonight. I am totally over the cold weather! It is currently 18 degrees, feels like 4! I can't believe I was wearing shorts last Saturday! We have eaten a lot of fun foods though, which always makes things better! I have enjoyed having Rod here at home, even though he is working. We are all staying inside to keep warm, with a nice, cozy fire. I think we have done everything I can think of to keep busy these last few days! Dance parties, shaving cream in the shower, painting, inside running games, you name it! Snow days in the Tate house growing up always meant hot dogs, fried apricot pies, donuts, and s'mores. So I have carried on some of those traditions into our family. I think Aubrey has enjoyed it quite a bit!
I was excited when my Mom told me how easy the donuts were to make! First, buy a can of biscuits of your choice
Cut holes in them
Fill a skillet up with oil
Cook them till slightly brown (They cook fast!)
Drop them in a bag of powdered sugar!
Yummy!
Aubrey had a smile on her face the entire time she was eating them!
I let Ryleigh play with one, but she doesn't get to eat them yet!
She sucked her thumb to get all the extra sugar off!
This was as far as I would let Aubrey go outside. Too cold!
Aubrey and I cooking our hot dogs
Time to eat!
Now, moving on to S'mores!
Rod and Aubrey enjoying them
This was the one Rod made for me! Does this look good or what?
Yesterday while I was nursing Ryleigh, I found that Maggie was used as a sheet of paper. Poor, poor, Maggie!
Time to make some homemade brownies! (The recipe on the back of Toll house Cocoa is our favorite)
Painting time
Moving on to Play-Doh
We started Cheerios yesterday! Ryleigh loves them!
Can you believe this was last weekend? I miss it so much!
In other news, Rod had a birthday last week! On his actual birthday I made a nice meal for us to eat after the girls were asleep. We ate late, but it was nice having a dinner just the two of us. For Christmas this year I got the newest Southern Living cookbook. I love it! A lot of the recipes are really fast and easy too, which I love!
This once was Rod's Cookie Cake! We ate it way too fast!
I had a nice candlelight dinner for us!
My parents babysat the girls last weekend so we could go out and enjoy a date! I love you Rod! I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband!
I am so sad, one of my best friends Jenny Meek moved to Midland! We miss you Meeks! Jenny and I became really close friends when we were teaching together at Las Colinas. We have remained close and walked through many stages of life together. Dallas is not the same Jenny!
Aubrey loves Colton! They play really well together.
Colton and his sister Sadie
These pics are a little old, but we had a great time at the park on Martin Luther King Day. Although it was cold, Rod and I and the girls bundled up to meet the Hughes at our favorite park, Frisco Commons.
Aubrey doing the small zip line they have there.
Harper and Aubrey swinging.
Ryleigh is on the move! She is inch worming, and very, very close to crawling!
Aubrey feeding her baby while I feed Ryleigh. So, so sweet!




No comments:
Post a Comment