Ryleigh also started bottles and nursing! She did awesome the first time she took the bottle, and she did great the first time she nursed. However, after nursing she has wanted nothing to do with bottle feeding. I am excited that she likes nursing, but we are definitely going to have to get her comfortable on bottles before we can go home. Ryleigh also hit 5 POUNDS!!! I can't believe it! She is going to grow out of her preemie clothes soon and into newborn clothes. Her preemie clothes are going to make great doll clothes in the future.
Our time in the NICU went really slow in the beginning, but now I feel as if time is flying!!! Rod has been busy working on Aubrey's big girl room all week. I am sad that Aubrey is moving to a big girl room, but I am excited too! I think she is going to like her new room. We are moving her into a toddler bed, which I am a little nervous about. Hopefully the transition won't be too bad. She does love her bumper pads, so it should be interesting. I am amazed at how much talking she does now. She says short sentences like, "Thank you Mommy", and "Bye Daddy." She repeats things we say all the time. Rod often times will say "Hush" to Maggie when she is barking. Now Aubrey will say, "Sush" anytime she hears a dog bark. One of my favorite things she says is "An Mami" instead of Aunt Tami. Aubrey's favorite foods right now are cheese, any pasta dish, chips in any kind of dip, and anything dipped in ranch. I love dips too! She is still an outdoors girl too!
I am not sure what life will be like when we are no longer in NICU world. I love all the doctors and nurses that have impacted Ryleigh's life. I hope I never ever take for granted the miracle that Ryleigh is. "Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his, we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations." Ps 100
Old Room in NICU
New Space in Baby Steps
First Bottle
Ryleigh loves the Mobile
Sleepy Baby
Before.....
And Now....
Ryleigh is not the only one becoming a big girl! Aubrey loves to sit at the big kid table with her cousins!
Our family members now have the opportunity to hold Ryleigh. It has been a long wait!
Tam
Rod's Mom or Mimi
Mom
Dad
Rod and I took a break from our daily stresses to hang out with old friends. It was nice!
Bethany was enertaining all the kids while reading
I love you Aubrey!



8 comments:
Yay! It is wonderful to see Ryleigh growing bigger and doing so well! I am so proud of her, and of all of y'all! Your entire family has just trooped right along, and set such an amazing example of what it means to believe in the Lord. I can't believe how big Aubrey is getting too; your girls are just precious!
Your girls are so sweet! Just beautiful. I love hearing about Ryleigh doing so well. Praise the Lord! She has gotten so much bigger than the last time I looked at her pictures...I know she is barely 5 pounds...but still I think I saw a cute little arm-roll on those arms! So great! I'm so proud of you and what a wonderful mother you are to your girls. Love you and praying for your sweet Ryleigh and more great news to come!
She's getting so big! We are excited for you guys and all the progress Ryleigh is making. Still praying!
What an awesome miracle Ryleigh is! I continue to pray for you all and am so thankful to hear of all the wonderful progress. My eyes are filled with tears of joy and it fills my heart with happiness to see your girls growing stong!
:) Erin Gerdes (co-worker of Sheri and Lori)
SO exciting Kam! I can't wait to meet that precious baby! And Aubrey...What a BIG girl!! Both of them are BEAUTIFUL!!!
That is awesome!
I love it when Aubrey says Aunt Tami, too. I am so proud of both of my nieces! They are both growing so well and so fast. I am also so proud of their wonderful parents. We love you all very much!
Tami
Your blog is so uplifting!! I know that this has probably been the most stressful time for you EVER, but you are still same old bubbly Kam...I can see it through reading what you write!! I miss you! :) I love hearing all of the wonderful news that your sweet girl is doing and able to do!! And what a fatty...5 pounds! HA!! That is awesome!! Hope to get your way in the next few weeks!!
Post a Comment