Saturday, May 29, 2010

100 Days in the NICU and Home Bound


I can't believe we have spent 100 days in the NICU! Which means over one hundered tears shed,  over one hundred prayers answered, over one hundred drives to and from the hospital, over one hundred times of pumping, over one hundred conversations with the doctors and nurses, and so on..... I wasn't sure if we would be in the NICU for the 100 day, but we got there! It's amazing to think about how much my life has changed in the last 100 days. I can't believe we still have not even reached my due date yet. That's just crazy!
  Wednesday I walked in to find Ryleigh with no extra tubes on her face! NOTHING! No oxygen, no feeding tube, just a regular baby. It was a surprise to me, so of course there were many tears. I couldn't stop. I kept looking at the verse, "I will meditate on your majestic, glorious splendor and your wonderful miracles." Psalm 145:5 I have been waiting and waiting for the moment when I would see her face with nothing in the way. It's what we have been working towards since day one. She has been handling the change pretty well, except for when she eats. SO, the good news is.....WE ARE GOING HOME NEXT WEDNESDAY!!! Come to think of it, Wednesdays have proven to be a significant day since we started this journey. Ryleigh was born on Wednesday, she got off of oxygen on a Wednesday, and now she will go home a Wednesday. Thank you LORD! We are going to go ahead and take home oxygen for when Ryleigh eats. I think it will give us both peace of mind. I have so many emotions about us coming home. I am excited to have her to myself, but I am really going to miss all the people we have built relationships with in the NICU. Our nurses and doctors have been apart of this life changing experience every step of the way. I am not sure how I will function without them being there for me at the drop of a hat.
  I have been really bad about blogging in the last few weeks, but I feel like time is moving so quickly. We have been busy preparing for Ryleigh's arrival, and getting Aubrey recovered from her surgery. Not just that, but she is cutting her eyeteeth. FUN TIMES! At least after we finish cutting these, the worst of teething is over!
  Ryleigh is growing so quickly, and Aubrey is about to be 2! Aubrey pretty much repeats everything we say now. She loves to say the last word of whatever we say. If I say, "Aubrey do you want milk?"She will say, "Milk?" Aubrey is so used to Rod and I saying, "Aubrey, what is it that you want?" Now she will say in response to that, "I want", but she doesn't tell us what it is she wants. I love the way she says Ryleigh's name.
  I wanted to share some wonderful pictures over the last few weeks! Enjoy!

Mother's Day Pics



23 Months!
Aubrey's Buddy, Maggie

Recent Pic of Kate and Aubrey (Aubrey was not in the mood to get her picture taken)

My awesome Bible Study Girls  gave me a wonderful Baby Shower for Ryleigh!
First pic of Ryleigh with no wires!
Isn't this picture priceless? It was while my Dad was holding her!
I wasn't expecting it, but our nurse let Rod take Ryleigh out in the waiting room to meet Aubrey! I didn't have Aubrey in her Big Sis shirt or anything! It was so cute though, Aubrey pointed at her and said, "Ryleigh?"
Celebrating 100 days
I love seeing her sleeping like a regular baby!

14 comments:

Kelli said...

Kam, both of the girls are so precious! I am so glad Ryleigh is going home! You have all been amazing during this journey, and I can't wait to see the great things God has in store for all of you!

Alli said...

Kamara, that's such awesome news! We'll be praying that this transition goes well for all of you.

Mel said...

Oh my goodness, I teared up reading your words and seeing the lovely pictures. I am so excited for you and your family, and thankful to God for answered prayers.

Ashley said...

I have been waiting for an update. I am SO glad she is doing well. She is a blessing and a miracle. Love you, Kam

The Speck family said...

Oh she is sooo beautiful~ I am so very thrilled for you guys that you get to be home together as a family of four this week. God is SO GOOD!!!

Brent and Erika said...

Those are such great pictures! I love the one of Ryleigh with your dad. What beautiful girls, and it is so precious to hear Aubrey say Ryleigh's name--she is going to be a great big sister!

Hattie said...

She is so precious! We continue to pray for her and your family.

Newberry said...

Wow! God is so good! I know you can't wait to have both of your precious girls home with you. Ryleigh looks so sweet and cuddly in those pictures.

Kristen and Robbie Hudson said...

Your post brought tears to my eyes! We are so happy for you all! We thank the Lord each day for Ryleigh and are so excited she gets to come home! We love you guys!

Jodi said...

Holy Cow, I am SO excited for y'all!!!! YAY! What an amazing, precious little gift she is. Our prayers will not cease!

FullerFamily said...

That is wonderful, Kami! The picture of the your dad holding hands with Ryleigh is precious. She is a doll. We have been waiting to read that she was able to go home and so happy for you that the day is coming. What a little miracle!

Jacquie said...

She looks so beautiful Kamara! I am so excited for you guys!!!

leslie said...

Praise God! I'm so happy for you and your family!!!!

Amber said...

Praise Him! What wonderful news.