I was talking to one of the nurses a couple of nights ago, and she told me that years ago when a baby was born around 24 weeks or less, the nurses would just look at each other and say, "There is nothing we can do." They would let the parents hold their babies after they were born to say goodbye. She said they didn't have the technology to save the babies the way we do today. I am so thankful that we have made so many improvements with premature births!
Today, Ryleigh is 9 weeks old! This Saturday we start bottles! We have been "nuzzling" to start gettting Ryleigh prepared for nursing. This means I pump milk, and then let her practice sucking. A couple of days ago she was nuzzling, and got a drop of milk. It made her stop breathing for a second, but then we looked down at her and she was smiling. Isn't that hilarious? She doesn't ever get to taste the milk due to the feeding tube that is now in her nose. So, that was her first drop of milk. I guess she liked it! Ryleigh seems to really like the pacifier, so I am hoping bottle feeding is not too much of a challenge.
We are now around 4 pounds 6 oz! We will be at 5 pounds in no time at all! They have started decreasing her calorie intake, now that she is doing so well on her growth! Ryleigh is also doing well on the nasal cannula. We are hoping that she gets off the high flow one in the next few days. I think that is all for now! Enjoy the pics from the weekend!
Family Photo
Brent and Erika
Michael, Keari and Ian
Jilinda, Michael and Lydia
Sarah Kate
The Whole Kid Crew
Our Team Shirts won the Family Award for best shirts. Thanks Robbie and Kristen!
Candice and Jose
Group Photo (I was bummed not everyone got to be in the pic)
Kristen, Robbie and Kaelyn
Angie, Jason, Edie and Henry
Aubrey supporting her sis
Sweet photo of Harper
On the move...
Zack and Kate
The Griner Crew
Lori and Laci
Sweet Paula
Cox Clan
Andi and Amy
Feekes Fam
We wanted Ryleigh to sport the shirt too! This was the smallest size possible, and it looks so big on her!
Mom, Dad and I
Aubrey and Kate were so ready for the walk to start!
Sheri, Chad and the kiddos
Edie and Jason
Thanks to everyone who participated! Rod and I were so touched by the entire experience. We hope to take part in it each year! Blessings, Kam
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



4 comments:
So glad the Ryleigh is doing great. Your family is always in our prayers. I was blown away by the group picture of everyone who participated in the walk. That is incredible!
I don't know how I found your blog...I was at the walk this weekend walking for my twin girls. I saw your some of you guys in your VERY cute shirts and figured that it was you guys! What a great cause! Praying for Ryleigh!e
That was fun to see pictures of everyone! I love the picture of Aubrey supporting her sister--her eyes look so pretty! We felt so blessed to be a part of that event, and I'm so thrilled with Ryleigh's continued progress!
What a great crew! Praying for you and sweet Ryleigh. Love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment