Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Easter/Nasal Cannula

Rod and I had an extra special Easter this year! When we got to the hospital to visit Ryleigh, we were estatic to see that she was moved to the nasal cannula! Praise God! She looks much more comfortable now. It was definitely a tearful moment for me. We put her in her little easter dress too. It was such a blessing to get to see more of her face.  There are different levels of the nasal cannula, and she is on the high flow one for now. She is tolerating it really well though, which is a great sign. She also has started to really take to her soothie pacifier. We kind of skipped over the purple pacifier, and went straight for the soothie.She is starting to look and feel more and more like a baby to us. There have been many songs I have wrote about that touch me during this season of my life. One of the new songs that really move me is the song "Healer." The guy that wrote the song is someone that has cancer.  If you haven't heard the song, I encourage you to listen to it.
"I believe
You're my healer
I believe
You are all I need
I believe
You're my portion
I believe
You're more than enough for me
Jesus you're all I need
Nothing is impossible for you
You hold my world in your hands."
  We had some good family time with Rod's parents, and with my family over the weekend. Aubrey got to enjoy the bubbles with her Mimi. She would run after the bubbles to try to catch them. It was really cute. There was also a egg hunt at church. Once Aubrey discovered the playground equipment, she was more interested in that then the eggs. She was not happy when we took her back to the car.
  On Sunday we celebrated Easter with the Tate family. When we started the hunt, Aubrey grabbed a couple of eggs. Once she realized they had chocolate in them, she just sat on the ground and started digging in. It was pretty funny.
  It was definitely an Easter we won't forget! Rod got some video footage of Ryleigh. Enjoy the footage and pictures below.





One of our "Buddy Nurses"
Aubrey was not a fan of the Easter Bunny!
Toddler Egg Hunt with Tate Fam
I love her new dress from her Mimi and Papi
As you can see, not much success on the hunt.
Aubrey liked her Easter basket this morning from the Easter bunny! Mainly she was concerned with me opening her sweet tarts.
Tam and I tried to let our girls help decorate some Easter Eggs. It didn't turn out as we planned, but it was still memorable.
Aubrey loved playing with the chalk with Kamryn on Sat!
Aubrey with her big Easter bunny! Thank you Mrs. Jones! She loves it!

6 comments:

Brent and Erika said...

Yea for the nasal cannula...what an awesome Easter gift indeed!! We really enjoyed watching the video clip of Ryleigh, and Aubrey looks so pretty in her polka dotted dress!

~angie said...

YEA RYLEIGH!! It seems like everything is happening fast now:) She looks beautiful Mommy! Both of your babies are beautiful. Before you know it, Ryleigh will be home! Can't wait to see her in person.

Carolyn said...

Oh Kam, she is so precious!! The video brought tears to my eyes. I so wish that we could be there to meet her in person. Love you all so much and we are still praying for you always. Fantastic that she's on the nasal cannula now!

Jilinda said...

Love Ryleigh's chubby cheeks! Her skin looks so pretty--like a little doll. Very thankful for great progress and that precious Aubrey keeps you all laughing!

Paula said...

So happy for little Ryleigh doing so well. She's looking like a real little baby girl now. Just precious in her Easter dress. What memories are being made for her. She will look back and marvel at God's work. I still pray for her every morning. God is faithful!

Unknown said...

Hey,
Thanks for sharing your journey. It is good to see things progressing. Just wanted to tlet you know we are still supporting from Virginia.