Monday, November 7, 2011

We Have A Name

Hello Friends and Family,

We have finally decided on a name. We spent quite a bit of time trying to decide a name that not only was unique to our little girl, but also unique in general. I know it may sound crazy, but I didn't want to name our little girl something I would have to hear while grocery shopping or hanging out in the mall. I know there will come a time when I crave knowing people with our little girls name, but I don't think I am there yet.

For the first name we combined two different names. The first portion of her name has multiple meanings, but the one we liked best was beloved. She has been so loved in her lifetime already. Not only do we like the meaning of her name, but we like the significance of her name in the Bible. The second portion of her first name means God's promise, God is bountiful, or God is generous. We feel that God has been generous in the time he has given us, no matter what happens. He also has promised us of having eternal life with her one day in heaven.

The two names we have combined together are Mary and Elizabeth. We decided we wanted to call her Marabeth. Not only is Mary very significant in the Bible, but Elizabeth of course is too. We feel that like Mary and Elizabeth, she has an important story to tell.

Elizabeth is also a variance of the name Betty, which is my Mom's first name. So, that was definitely an added bonus!

For her middle name, we decided on Renee. Renee to me is significant, not because of the meaning of the name, but because of what the name means to me. Renee is my twin sister Tami's middle name. Tami has always been so much of where my strength comes from, and I would not be the person I am today without her. Renee is also Rod's sister Candice's middle name. We thought it was neat that both of them have the same middle name, and perfect that we could pass it on.

So, we give you Marabeth Renee Cox. Now we all have a name to go with our prayers! My Dad actually told us tonight that a few nights ago, he had a dream that we were going to name our daughter Mary Elizabeth. He was close! Marabeth actually came to me on a night when I couldn't sleep for a couple of hours. It feels so good to actually be able to refer to our little girl with a name now!

Our next appointment is this Thursday morning. We will keep you posted then. Love, Kamara

1 comment:

Christine said...

I love her name . . . Marabeth Renee! So beautiful!

Luke 8:50
Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, "Don't be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed."

Love you!