Hello Friends and Family,
I have been longing to write and update everyone on the birth of Marabeth, but we actually came home from the hospital to two sick kids. The first day home, Ryleigh had a fever of 102, which made me really nervous. We had her on antibiotics for an ear infection, breathing treatments, and we had been given steroids if and when they were necessary. Aubrey had a double ear infection and croup, but had already been taken to the doctor, and was doing much better by the time we got home. Ryleigh we thought was improving by Tuesday, and then Tuesday night something changed. She started coughing all night, so we called the doctor Wednesday, and she had said to start the steroids. Unfortunately they did not help her at all. By Thanksgiving Day we were in the emergency room with her. Come to find out, she has RSV. We now are thinking most likely Aubrey had RSV too, which was diagnosed as Croup. We still are at Children's Hospital, and we are praying tonight is our last night there. Ryleigh has not been able to be without oxygen since we got there. We will not be able to go home until that changes. Rod actually took Aubrey back to the doctor yesterday, because she still had a runny nose, even after 10 days on antibiotics. Come to find out, the antibiotics did not get rid of her ear infection, so she is back on antibiotics once again. It has been really difficult as a Mommy to not only grieve the loss of a child, but deal with two sick kids at the same time, and one that is in the hospital.
I know we are not the only people that have gone through multiple trials. Our preacher did a sermon about the trials we face this past weekend. Paul faced many trials in the Bible, some of which are: prison over and over, faced death over and over, received 39 lashes from the Jews 5 times, shipwrecked 3 times, and the list goes on and on. I know that Paul was deeply loved by God, and so I know that our trials have nothing to do with God's love for us, but at times I have struggled with wondering, "Why", and wondering when things are going to get better. I know that God's grace is supposed to be sufficient, but I have moments of really struggling with the journey we are on. I have also realized that I have been struggling with fears of what is to come next, since so many of my fears have become a reality in the past few weeks. I know that Satan is resting there, because he knows that's the best way to get me. I keep trying to remind myself of the verse, "The Lord does not give us a spirit of fear, but of love, power, and self control." Please be praying for our family for strength, and for the Lord to take away my fears.
I still would like to post about Marabeth's birth, but I wanted it to be written separately, and I am not going to get to write that today.
I wanted to let you all know that we are going to have a service for Marabeth Saturday, December 10 at 10:00 am. Please email me or call me if you would like to know of the location.
We love you all so very much, and we appreciate you more than any words could say. Blessings, Kam
Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Kamara,
My heart goes out to you and your precious family. You are having to fight so many trials. But I know that through both your's and Rod's amazing faith that God will get you through this. We are praying for you. If you ever need anything, we are here to help. Just a phone call or email away.
Wow, Kamara. I cannot believe all that you have been dealing with. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Thank you for sharing your story and your faith that is carrying you through this trying time. Much love~
-Jill
Kamara,
Would you be willing to send me your home address?
My email is cnpeterson@fastmail.fm.
Thinking of you guys.
Post a Comment