Monday, November 29, 2010

Looking Back at November!

I feel like it was just Halloween, and now Thanksgiving is over! Time is going too fast! I have fun pics from the Thanksgiving break and thoughts about that, but I want to post about that later.  There is alot to update about Ryleigh and Aubrey! Ryleigh is now a 9 month old, which means she is at a gestational age of 5 months. She is currently weighing around 13 pounds 12 oz and in the 50 percentile for her gestational age. Ryleigh smiles easily and finds Aubrey to be hilarious. It doesn't matter what Aubrey is doing, she thinks it's funny. She has gotten better about sitting in the exersaucer without as much support. We will soon be starting solids, probably in about a week. Rod and I are hoping it helps her digest her food quicker.  I still can't quite figure out her schedule.  Although, I can't complain she goes to bed really early. She qualified for ECI, so we get pointers on how to help her with things she should be doing for her age like sitting up, and crawling. Our Developmental PD was very pleased with her.  She felt like she was right where she should be. We were thrilled about that! She has started rolling over now and can get from one side of the room to the other. It is so adorable! She has a great sense of humor, and a contagious laugh.
  Aubrey is such a little girl now, and almost 2 1/2 years old. She is in the 70 percentile, weighs 29 pounds, and doing everything a two year old should be doing and more. She keeps me entertained with her singing, and the things she says. She is Rod and I's shadow; whatever we do, she imitates us.  The other day when we were eating dinner, every time Rod took a drink, she did too. When I am holding Ryleigh, she does exactly what I do to Ryleigh to her baby.  That could be feeding her, rocking  her, talking to her, you name it. I think it's so precious to watch her being nurturing. Aubrey is very sensitive to other people's pain. If you have a scratch, a sore, bleeding, etc. she is concerned. She will point to it, and look concerned or cry about it. I tripped and fell the other day, and she completely lost it. She kept crying and crying  and kept saying, "Mommy okay?" She also is polite and will say, "Bless you Mommy" when I sneeze. If I am coughing she will say, "Are you okay?" I love seeing that sweet side of her. Potty training is going pretty well. Aubrey goes on the potty pretty regularly,but I  still have to remind her on occasion. Some days are better than others. I am not being pushy about it. If she wants to wear a pull up, that's fine, or panties whichever she prefers. I will think we are almost there, and then I feel like we take two steps back. I know potty training is a long process. Aubrey also affirms herself by saying things like, "Don't worry about it." She went to the pet store with Rod and there was  a bird there. I guess the bird made her nervous, because she said, "Don't worry about it" when she saw it.  It really makes Rod and I laugh.
   Some days can be really hard in this stage of my life. Their two nap schedules often don't allow a break for me.  Ryleigh fights the naps, and it can be a challenge. Aubrey is potty training, and wants to be wherever I am, even if I am trying to get Ryleigh down for a nap. That can be hard, when Aubrey is singing the ABCs to her baby. However, I love my girls so very much. I know that no matter what challenges they bring me, they grow up way too fast. I know one day I am going to miss these days, when they are more independent and in school. Right now Rod and I are their two favorite people in the world and it's great! Anyways, enough of my rambling, here are the pics!
Peek a Boo Ryleigh


             Ryleigh's 9 Month Pics (Gestational Age of 5 months)
Here is another one..

Check out Aubrey around the same age in the same outfit...


                                                       Sweet sister pics!
Notice the sore in between Aubrey's eyes? It won't heal because every day Aubrey picks the scab during her nap. We are not sure what we are going to do about it, since she is terrified of band aids!

Aubrey loves to play Dress Up!

You can't help but smile when you look at this picture!

Aubrey, Ryleigh and I spent the weekend at Tam's while our husbands were hunting. The first night we tried to let Kate and Aubrey sleep in the same room. That didn't go over so well, so the second night Aubrey slept on a mattress on the floor. It worked out great, and Kate and Aubrey loved jumping on it when it wasn't being used for a bed. It was a great weekend for everyone. Tam and I got to talk and hang out, and Kate and Aubrey had plenty of play time.

Kate loves to hug. Aubrey isn't always so sure about it, but this time she was all about it!

Drink Break!


Rod and I took a break from the kids for a day to go with some other former Aggies/Nebraska fans to go to a game. It was alot of fun! It was a great game, and the Aggies won!

Nothing comares to Kyle Field!


Aubrey got to hang out with her Mimi and Papi while we were gone for the day! Mimi helped her make a thankful painting with an adorable turkey! I thought it was so precious! Ryleigh and Aubrey both had a great time hanging out with their Mimi and Papi!


2 comments:

Emily said...

Love the update. Grace keeps asking when we are going to "go to that park and see baby Ryleigh again!"

Kelli said...

Girl, I love your blog. Your girls are growing so fast, and they are so sweet! I love those little grins! Glad y'all are doing well; enjoy your holiday season!