Okay, there is a lot to update with Ryleigh and her current progress, as well as Aubrey and the potty training, but I wanted to focus on Halloween and the fun pumpkin pics first! Halloween was a lot of fun for us this year. Growing up my mom always baked the pumpkin seeds, and would add a little salt to them. We had fun digging in and grabbing the seeds out too. I wanted to carry on that tradition with Aubrey. She wasn't sure how she felt about her hands getting that dirty, but I think she enjoyed it. She was wiping her hands every other second though with a napkin. (Those who know me well, know that Aubrey did not inherit this from me.) Aubrey did not like the pumpkin seeds, although I bet that will change in the future.
For Halloween, we kept with the insect theme that we have had since Aubrey was born. We did a butterfly this year, and then the previous years were a bee and ladybug.This year Aubrey got to expereince what trick or treating is like. After about the 5th house, she learned how to say, "Trick or Treat" in her own way. It was really cute. I wasn't sure how she would feel about the masks and costumes of everyone else, but she handled it well. There was one that caused some tears, but the little boy was really sweet about it. He took his mask off and said, "It's just a mask, it's mostly made of paper." We ran into him one other time, and he took it off right away so she wouldn't be scared. We have been getting together with the Hughes and Pruetts for Halloween for the last 3 years or more, and this year was no different. Harper, Ryleigh and Carly stayed in bed at the Pruetts while the boys watched the Rangers play. Erika, Tam and I got to enjoy taking the girls Trick or Treating. We had a great time.
This was how Halloween started! Aubrey loves spending time with Ryleigh!
This was all Aubrey's idea
I wanted to get some fun pics of the girls before putting them in costumes. I love these sweet pictures!
This was Aubrey in this shirt...
One of her many wiping moments!
Rod and the girls!
This was Aubrey trying the pumpkin seeds. She said, "I don't like it."
We let her explore with the markers on the pumpkin
All the insects on Halloween!
Carly and Ryleigh
The Little Ladybugs
Let's do this together, okay Kate?
Aubrey let Kate take the lead
Your turn, my turn!
Enjoying the candy afterwards!
As you all know, I am pretty restricted with what I can do right now! I was excited when my friend Jilinda mentioned a local pumpkin patch! We had fun running around and exploring!
I think this one is so cute of Ryleigh!
And I love this one of Aubrey and Harper!
Harper, Aubrey and Lydia
Lots of fun!






No comments:
Post a Comment