Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ryleigh's First Cold

Unfortunately, I am writing about Ryleigh's first cold. It's something I was hoping to avoid within her first year, but here we are. Most likely she caught it from Aubrey.  Ryleigh has started breathing treatments, which are no fun. Seven minutes sure do go slow! Ryleigh cries and squirms through most of it, but I am hoping that gets easier.  I have had lots of tears over this. It has brought me back to the reality that Ryleigh is a preemie, and we have to be extremely careful with her surroundings. Now that I see what a cold looks like on Ryleigh, I am even more anxious as we head into cold/ flu season. I am hoping we can get Ryleigh healthy soon. I feel so bad for her! Most likely we will be continuing the treatments through the winter. I know this is just a small set back, but she is going to be okay. Please be praying for a full recovery soon!
   Aubrey brings us some comic relief during the treatments. She sits right next to us and watches and claps when Ryleigh finishes. She will say,"Yay, tap Ryleigh, tap!" She tries to make Ryleigh clap her hands. Ryleigh isn't too fond of it.  
   We had made the big step of moving Ryleigh out of our room, and into her crib. Now that she is sick, she is back in our room again. Poor girl! 

After her first night in the crib

Seriously, do not put that mask on me!
This is just to lighten the mood, but they opened a Dairy Queen over by my house this week. It truly made my day to get a blizzard today. I think Aubrey and I ate it in like 2 minutes!


3 comments:

Brent and Erika said...

I'm impressed that you went with the small sized Blizzard...I went medium all the way! Loved it! Praying that Ryleigh kicks this cold far out the door!

Kristen and Robbie Hudson said...

Kamara,
We are diligently praying that Ryleigh will get rid of the yucky cold quickly and painlessly! I wasn't aware of the Dairy Queen, but will have to make a visit soon for a tasty treat! Love you girls!

jaymie said...

OH MAN!!! I'm sorry Ryleigh got a cold. I know you're doing everything you can to keep her away from germs, but there is only so much you can do. You're doing great and I know she will kick this in no time. I'm sure she'll get the senegis (RSV) shots and that will help you feel better too. Hang in there mommy, you're doing great. She's gonna whip this and show you (again) how tough she is!!!! Lots of prayers for you guys heading into this season. I know that feeling of worrying about the germs SO MUCH, it can be overwhelming!

love y'all!