This picture is a good representation of what our life is like right now. Crazy! I love this picture of my girls! Aubrey is so much fun, but definitely a two year old. In August we started working on getting her used to her toddler bed. It has been quite interesting. She will start out in her crib, and then say, "In there" and point because she wants to go to her big bed. Often times we move her to her big bed and then 5 minutes later she will say, "In there" again and want to go to the crib. We have had some successful nights in the bed now, but we are not consistent by any means. I think Aubrey likes feeling like she has control over the situation. She is so into jewelry, dress up shoes, and baby dolls. Those are always the toys she gravitates too. She is still a wonderful big sister, she just doesn't quite get the boundaries yet. A few nights ago I told Aubrey I loved her before she went to bed. She opened the door and said, "Love you Ryleigh." It was such a sweet, precious moment. My heart just melted.
Ryleigh is a little over 6 months now, and doing great. She can roll from her stomach to her back, she can hold her head up well on tummy time, and she giggles and smiles all the time. She was sleeping through the night, but she is back to waking up again. I think she must be having a growth spurt or something. When we took her to the doctor, she weighed 11 pounds. She is not on the charts at all for a 6 month old, but for a baby at her gestational age she is 25 percent in everything but head circumference.
I must say, I am sad to be saying goodbye to the Summer, but I love the Fall too! I love being able to go on cool walks at 1:00 in the afternoon. I love all the fun holidays that come with the Fall, and all the delicious food too! I can't wait for a pumpkin frap from Starbucks! We have had some fun in August, and I have yet to post about it, so I wanted to fill everyone in on the Cox Clan.
This is Aubrey on a daily basis!
This is a bad habit I started! I am in love with carmel fraps, and Aubrey always wants a few sips.
Happy Meals have many purposes
This lets me hold onto Aubrey as a baby,
but this is where I want her to sleep!
I was impressed with how well Aubrey bathed her baby doll
Road trips have become easier now that we put the portable dvd player to good use
This is one of Aubrey's buddies that we have had a blast hanging out with this summer. Aubrey also loves Colt's mommy Mitzi!
Tam and I have tried making better use of the free things out there. Her neighborhood library is always pretty bare. Our girls had it practically to themselves.
The Galleria has been a popular spot for Aubrey and Colton ever since they were babies.
This was then .....
This is now....
Jenny and I have added to our families since then! Now we have Sadie and Ryleigh to add to the fun!
Ryleigh in her favorite spot
At least once a year Tam and I get together with some of our old high school buddies, Abbey and April. Our families keep growing, so we have double the fun!
Ryleigh in the crib, although she has yet to sleep there
This is Ryleigh's second favorite spot
One of my favorite pics from August
Aubrey, Kate, Carly and sweet Harper! Harper has to be one of the most easy going kids in the world!
Aubrey LOVES her Daddy!
We have spent many days at Carrie's house this summer! August was no exception. Thank you Carrie for letting us hang out at your pool! You are a great friend and wonderful nurse!
Ryleigh's first time in the pool! I am not thinking she is going to have my skin tone.
This was the first time for my parents to babysit both girls at our house. Things didn't go according to plan, when Ryleigh decided not to take a bottle. However, we still had a great night with friends.
More fun pics of the girls! Do they look alike to anyone else?






4 comments:
What a great post! I do think Ryleigh and Aubrey look alike, and I am amazed at how gorgeous Aubrey gets with each new post...so pretty! The dress-up sunglasses crack me up, and I like Aubrey's outfit in the first picture! Ryleigh is so precious too, and I'm proud of her for rolling over and for holding up her head so well! Go Ryleigh!
Kam, your girls are so precious! I love how sweet they are together, and yes, I do think they look a lot alike! Thanks for sharing all the great pics!
I love the last few pictures where Aubrey and Riley are loving on each other. How sweet! I'm glad you guys are doing well.
Love all the pics...especially the last few. I recognize the library :) We go to that one often, so maybe we will see you there sometime. So glad that you made a great friend in Carrie. We have a nurse that we have stayed friends with, and it has been such a blessing. Ryleigh is looking great...big girl! I am calling you soon!
Post a Comment