I can't believe Aubrey is now a little 2 year old! It's amazing how much she has changed over the past year. She is so much more verbal, and mobile then what she was a year ago. She is definitely at the age where you have to watch everything you say and do too! Here are some of my favorites....
1) I have a tendancy to say, "Oh man" when I drop something, forget something, etc..Of course Swiper from Dora says it too, but Aubrey has picked that up. Today she was holding her cup of water in her car seat and spilled it all over herself. I could hear her say, "Oh man" before the tears started to fall.
2)When she changes her baby doll's diaper she says, "Stinky." Once she saw that it made me laugh, she said it a few more times .
3)Aubrey will encourage herself when she does something good by saying,"Good job Aubrey."
4) When I kiss Aubrey when she has a boo boo, I say "All better." Now Aubrey will do the same, except it comes out, "All besh."
Aubrey's favorite thing to do is play adult. Here are a couple of examples...
This is typically the only way I can get ready in the mornings!
I like your lip gloss Aubrey
Aubrey, you are too young to drive!
Here are just a few things that Aubrey has been up to lately......
The fact that Aubrey can get in the pantry now is a nightmare! I walked in the kitchen to find her like this a couple of days ago. One chip for her, one for Maggie....
Thanks for the sidewalk chalk Mimi!
This only lasted about 1 minute!
Aubrey loves going to the Splash Park in our neighborhood. We go there about every other day!
This was Aubrey's first popcorn and movie experience. She was not that impressed. After a few minutes she was on to the next thing.
Aubrey loves watching out for her sister. She is constantly looking at her, wanting to hold her, kissing her, you name it. I think it's so adorable.
Aubrey,
You have been amazing this year with all the transitions you have been through. I know that sometimes it wasn't easy for you, but you handled it all pretty well. I love watching what a great big sister you are to little Ryleigh. You love to help out by bringing her blankets, picking up her paci, patting her back, etc.. It's all very sweet. You have such a sweet nature, and you are so affectionate to the people that you know and love. I love the way you light up when Maggie comes in the room. She is your partner in crime. I think it's great that you love the outdoors so much. I have a feeling that camping trips are going to be a favorite of yours! I could go on and on about how much I love you Aubrey. You have taught me so much about being a parent, and you continue to teach me everyday. I can't imagine what my life would be like without you. You keep me laughing! I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life little "Elf Ruler"!
1 year ago
This year
Aubrey's birthday gift from Rod and I
We had a wonderful family Dora Party for Aubrey at the Frisco Commons. I did learn I need to reserve a table next time! We were so sure there would be plenty of vacant spaces , but we were wrong. We had to create our own space, but it worked out great. We had a lot of shade with all the trees, so it was nice. I think Aubrey really enjoyed herself, which was my goal!
I helped Aubrey warm up to the water by sticking her in it!
A few of my brother-in-laws, Micheal, Chad and Brett
Aubrey holding hands with her Mimi and Uncle Jose
Aubrey's best friend and cousin, Kate
Ryleigh slept through most of it
Lots of cousins for Aubrey to play with!
Zack and Kate
Big smiles from Tam
We were so excited Granny Cox got to make her first trip to Frisco!
Papa with Ellee
Rod, Aubrey and Papi
Aubrey loves anything with chocolate!
Opening gifts!
Family Photo
We had some down time after the party with fam! Candice and Jose finally got to hold Ryleigh!
Granny got to hold her for the first time too!
Aubrey enjoying some of her birthday gifts! Thanks for the hat and chair Aunt Tam!
I can't wait to see what this next year brings with you Aubrey! I love you to pieces!



6 comments:
Happy Birthday Aubrey! We are so glad that you are all enjoying your family of four all together. Still thinking and praying for you guys.
Happy Birthday sweet Aubrey! We love your sweet smiles and can't believe you are two already.
Happy Birthday, Aubrey! You have been such a trooper this year, and are such a great big sister! So precious! I loved this post and all the pics!
I love all of the pictures. It was a great birthday party! I also enjoy looking back on Aubrey a year ago! WOW! I love both of those girls!
Such a FUN post! I can't believe she's 2!She is precious and it's so great to see your WHOLE family together happy and celebrating!! We miss you guys, hope to see ya'll soon. (I think I recognize Ryleigh's outfit :)
Happy Birthday Aubrey! Looks like yall had a great time celebrating! I just spent some time catching up on your blog and loved reading about all the celebrations you've been having. Ryleigh's party on her due date--what a blessing!
Your little girls are absolutely beautiful and they are so blessed to call you two their parents--I love all the pictures--such sweet sisters! God bless you with continued strength as you care for a little four month old and an into-everything two year old! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment