Her lungs still look pretty weak, and she has a pretty big heart murmur. Since Ryleigh has not been getting stronger, and her lungs seem to be struggling, it looks like we will probably be having the heart surgery next week to close the PDA valve. There are risks with this, but if this is going to make Ryleigh better, then I am happy. Right now blood that is supposed to be flowing into her body, is flowing into her lungs.
Today I was about to leave, and the nurse had suctioned her mouth (it's to clean out all the junk in her mouth, like they do at the dentist), when all the sudden everything on the monitor started dropping. Her heart rate, etc. It was all hands on deck as they once again had to "bag her" to try to help her start breathing better. She turned white during all of this. Every bit of me wanted to run for the hills, but I knew I should stay there to be with her. I honestly cannot describe the fear that I had in that moment. The nurses felt she may have had a spasm in her lungs that caused this after being suctioned.
It seemed like hours before everything started improving again. They allowed me to give her a kiss on the head before putting the lid back on her incubator. I don't know why I feel like I don't have a right to cry in those moments, but I went to the bathroom and weeped.
I really wish Ryleigh was not having to go through all of this. I long for the moment when I can rock her in her rocking chair till she goes to sleep, nurse her, kiss her as much as I want, and see her smile. It makes my heart heavy just longing for that moment.
We do have some blessings though! Ryleigh is almost 2 pounds now! She is digesting her food really well, and is going up 1 cc every 12 hours!
All week I've been thinking about the song, "Your Grace Still Amazes Me" by Phillips, Craig and Dean. I know the song was not intended to be about Ryleigh Grace, but I can't help but think about her.
"Your Grace still amazes me. Your love is still a mystery. Each day I fall on my knees, cause your Grace still amazes me. Your Grace still amazes me." I know that no matter how much I feel Ryleigh belongs to me, she actually belongs to God. He has a plan for her life, and this is her story. She truly amazes me. Each day is a miracle with her.
Specific prayer requests are:
1) Prayers for Ryleigh's lungs to get stronger!
2) Prayers that if we do have to get the PDA valve closed, that it improves her lungs quickly, and takes care of the heart murmur
3) Prayers that the Ecoli is all gone from her trachea
4) Prayers that Ryleigh doesn't remember any of this!
4) Prayers for the other NICU moms
5) Prayers of thanksgiving for my favorite nurse CarrieAs always thanks for all the prayers and support. Each of you are what keeps me strong when I truly don't feel like I can face the day.
Here are some pictures of our sweet Ryeligh
This was right after things improved this afternoon. She still wasn't her normal color, but you can't really tell here.
This is just to help people grasp how small she is! She is getting much bigger!
Ryleigh has my big hands, so Rod's ring wouldn't fit over her hand. We instead placed his ring on her leg.
I have been feeling like Aubrey is getting left out, so I wanted to post a pic of her too. I love my sweet Aubrey. As you can see, she loves apples! In this picture you can really see her crazy hair!
Got milk?



15 comments:
Kamara,
You, Rod, Aubrey, and Ryleigh are in my prayers all the time. I'm so sorry to hear about all the scares you had this week with her, that breaks my heart to think of you watching it all and to think of sweet Ryleigh going through it. I'm so glad you have such good nurses and care around you. Praying for her and her little lungs and heart. Praying for more miracles in her little body! Love you guys and praying for your strength day at a time. Prayers, love, and much hope for great things for Ryleigh being sent your way.
So glad you posted. I've been checking daily to see the latest. It was great seeing you and Tami at church this morning. We pray for continued strength for Ryleigh, that God's healing Hand will be on her at all times. We love you!
Tami Davis
I am SO glad you updated. Thank you for sharing. Praying for you daily, friend!
Kam, she looks fatter:) Personally, I love watching my babies get fat...you've got some good milk, Mama, and her hair...! She's got a lot of it, I love it:) She's beautiful!!!! We love you guys and will rejoice with you when your "stay-at-home mommy" days are back to being mundane...and wonderful, full of LIFE!
You guys are still in my prayers. We will be praying for Ryleigh and for strength for all of you.
We continue to petition the Lord on behalf of your sweet family. What an incrdible journey he has set you on, and I know you will allow this journey, its ups and its downs to be a testimony of God's faithfulness to his children. We continue to cover your family up in prayer.
"Fear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
For I, the Lord your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, “Fear not,
I am the one who helps you.”
—Isaiah 41:10,13
Praying that you feel God holding your hand through all of this. We will pray for Ryleigh's lungs to strengthen, for your continued strength and peace, and for your family to be complete at home soon!
Tell Aubrey I know how she feels my hair look like that all teh time! She is such a beautiful girl!
Blessings.
Nate and Stacie
It was so good to see sweet Ryleigh today. I just love that girl! I am so proud of her and her feisty spirit!
I too am SO SORRY to hear about the scares.... the NICU can be the best and worst place imagineable all in one day. Be confident that Ryleigh Grace and your whole family are prayed over DAILY in this house! That tiny little cutie is a fighter, and we are fighting for her, knocking down the doors of heaven for each new day to be better than the next!!
Hang in there, Momma. :)
It was so good to see you guys at church yesterday. We've missed you! Ryleigh is so precious - love seeing her pictures. I'm so sorry for the scary moments you've experienced this past week. Praying for no more of those and a better week for you all.
Oh, hate that you are having to endure such scary moments! Know that your family is prayed for continually in our home.
Emily
I'm glad to hear an update!! I hate the scares you've gone through and pray they are over! The dollar bill pic is amazing! Truly gives some perspective to those of us who can't see her!!! She is a doll...praying kangaroo time happens again very soon!!!
Kamara,
I am so sorry that sweet Ryleigh is having so many ups and downs. Your post brought tears to my eyes. I hurt for you as a mother...I can't imagine how hard it must be to watch her go through this. I am praying for her lungs and heart to work like they should, and for you to get to hold her again soon. We love you!
Wow, I will be praying for her, especially about the heart surgery. I will also be praying for her precious mommy and daddy. The picture next to the dollar is amazing. Also, I can't believe the volume of milk you have--you would make la leche proud.
hey girl,
I have been watching for an update! I am so glad that Ryleigh is okay; I can't imagine how scary all of that must have been. God is so good, it is evident He has amazing plans for Ryleigh and for y'all. We will continue to pray for all of you. Love y'all!
Post a Comment