It's hard to believe that just yesterday Ryleigh turned 1 month old. I am amazed at how far we have come. On Feb. 16th, it was just a regular day of moderate bed rest. My mom came over, and helped with the laundry, and we went and got burgers. I remember telling my mom, "I've had some weird cramping." She said, "Your not in labor are you Kamara?" My response was, "No mom, this isn't what it felt like with Aubrey, I have had cramping this whole pregnancy." I then went to Tami's house why our small group paid for a maid to come. Tami and I hung out and talked and watched American Idol. When I left her house, she gave me a kiss on the cheek. This is not a typical thing for us to do, although we love to hug. It was weird twin intuition I guess. Later when I was relaxing, and Rod was giving Aubrey a bath, I started having contractions that were more like what I would expect labor to be. To make a long story short, in just a few hours we were on the way to the hospital, and I remember crying in the car. Rod said, "What's wrong?" I said, " I don't want to lose her." When we got to the hospital, I was hoping I was there for extended bed rest. When Dr. Fong said I would be having the baby that night, I completely lost it. It all happened so fast , and in no time at all I was pushing out Ryleigh. I remember saying, "I feel like I am going to wake up from this nightmare." After having Ryleigh, I did have a bit of a panic attack. Our family and friends were all very emotional, as were weren't sure Ryleigh was going to make it. Liz and Tami, thank you for being there with me through the entire experience. You saw a side of me I didn't know existed.
We are now moving in the right direction with Ryleigh. She got out her PICC line! Today she even got her first pacifier! And, she is continuing to go up on her feeds. At birth she weighed 1 pound 10 oz, and was only 12. 8 inches long. Her feedings were only 2 ccs which is like 1/2 a teaspoon. Now we are up to 2 pounds 6 oz, and 13. 3 inches long. She is eating 21 ccs now, which is a little more than 1/2 an ounce. GO RYLEIGH! The nurses are continuing to go down on the amount of breaths per minute Ryleigh gets, and her oxygen level. We are so excited about these milestones. Please continue to pray for her lungs and continued growth! Blessings to you all! -Kam
This was one of the first photos-At the time Ryleigh was receiving photo therapy for jaundice.
1 month photo! I love that the nurses put her in a green blanket for St. Patricks Day
She is becoming more and more alert now!
Ryleigh sucking on her first tiny, little pacifier



17 comments:
Kamara, We have been praying for sweet Ryleigh! I know how you feel. We just celebrated Brynn's 3 month birthday, she was born December 18. I can remember that morning so vividly. 3 months seems like 3 lifetimes at this point, but at the same time, it seems like only a few days. I am so grateful that we have had the opportunity to know little Ryleigh and pray for her.
PS- I cried when Brynn got her first little pacifier. ;)
Hey Kam - It was so good to see you and talk with you yesterday. It just brings tears to my eyes to read and hear how well Ryleigh is doing! She will continue to be in my prayers as will your whole family.
God we praise you for the life of Ryleigh Grace. We look to you in awe for each day you give us with this precious child. We believe in miracles and the healing power your Holy Spirit. Each moment, hour, and day we pray that you would continue to multiply them to the fullest and healthiest possible. We anticipate Lord that we will see another 30 days of this little girls life pass quickly with MUCH progress and improved health.
Kamara- My heart is pouring our for little Ryleigh and all of you. Please know she is on our hearts often. Love you guys!
Kam, we are rejoicing with you as sweet Ryleigh continues to grow and get stronger! Love to you and all.
Praise God for miracles of life. Every time I pray for Ryleigh, I heard the Lord say, "She's defying the odds." I believe she is. What a little trooper and what a marvelous story you will have to tell her one day.
YEA RYLEIGH!!! She has beautiful piano-playing hands:) I can't believe how big they are! She's growing beautifully...THANK YOU JESUS! Love to you all!
Kamara, she is just beautiful! I am so happy that she has been doing so well! Happy 1 month Birthday Ryleigh!
Praising God for the precious life of Ryleigh! I can't believe how far she has come in so little time. I am so proud of her and of y'all, for never giving up. God has been so faithful, and I know He will continue to do great things!
What a great post!!! I thank God for this precious girl and am excited to share in this joy with you! It is great to hear of her milestones and I pray there are many more very soon! We love you guys!!!
Praise God! That is such great news. We will keep praying for Ryleigh to continue meeting her milestones.
Sweet Ryleigh,
I will never forget the day (or night) you were born! I can remember so many details just like it was yesterday. I remember how strong your mom and dad were with your unexpected appearance. They had faith that God would do a miracle in your little body from the second you were born. Don't ever forget what a miracle you are...God has BIG plans for you, Ryleigh Grace! Happy one month and we love you!
Rod and Kam, "Because He Lives" just came on my itunes shuffle and I thought of you guys and am praying for you right now. Kelly
WoooHooo! Happy 1 month, Little Miss Ryleigh! You are a precious girl, bringing soooo much glory to our God! We love you and pray constantly for God's mighty power of growing & developing your body ... Keep up your hard work of eating & growing! You are doing great!
Kamara - it was so wonderful to visit with you at Tami's on Thursday (and Aubrey was such a sweetie, too)! Praying for many, many great days ahead for all of you! (I remember Kendall getting her first tiny pacifier ... so happy Ryleigh is enjoying her's too!) Hugs - Alexis Rogers
Kamara-So glad I got to see you this morning. Thanks for letting all of us into this part of your life through your blog. Opening yourself up can be hard, but it helps in going through all of this. I love these milestone miracles like we were talking about this morning. You are amazing. Ryleigh is amazing. So thankful for all of the progress Ryleigh is making and will continue to have. Still praying, as always.
Tami
Kamara,
It was great to see you this morning and get to hug your neck. We have been praying daily for you, Rod, Aubrey, and sweet Ryleigh Grace. We celebrate this big one month birthday with you, and pray that she continues to get stronger and stronger with each passing day! We love y'all and appreciate you letting us in on the daily ups and downs of this journey you are on. God is so good through it all, and you are glorifying Him as you walk. I know He is holding you close. May you feel His strength every single day!!
Love,
Mark & Chelsea
Happy 1 month Ryleigh Grace! We are so thankful for you and the miracle that you are! We have seen many answered prayers/miracles over the last month. You are a beautiful little girl and are created in His image, absolutely beautiful! Just like your mom and sister!
Rod, Kamara, and Aubrey--we continue to pray for all of you as you take each day at a time and care so well for Baby Ryleigh. May God give you strength each day and night and each trip to the hospital, and each trip away. I know it doesn't get any easier though it might be more routine by now. Know you four are so loved and thought of all the time by so many. Praying for more great improvements for Ryleigh, and for patience as you wait. Love you!
Hey Kamara,
Jessica G sent an email around telling all of us about Ryleigh's birth. I've been watching your blog ever since and I'm so glad that your babe is growing well and becoming more alert. I still remember with fondness our canyoning and creepy B&Bs and train rides with you and Holly and Tami.
God knits our babies together so beautifully in our wombs. Praise him!
Christiana
Post a Comment