Sunday, May 3, 2009

10 Months

This last month with Aubrey has been eventful! She got her first fever, and her first round of antibiotics after getting Strep Throat! I have never seen her so sad! It was awful! She would just cry out in pain at night, and cry when she ate, or even while I was holding her. As soon as we got the medicine in her though, she made a huge improvement. I knew when she napped 4 hours in 1 day, something was not right! She also had a little bit of Croup! Not a good combo! She is back to herself now though! Praise God! I never truly knew how hard it is to see your child sick until becoming a parent. It breaks my heart.
Aubrey will eat just about anything, which is great! She is still not crazy about peas, but that is about the only thing! It is so much fun introducing her to new foods, and seeing how she reacts to it! About half of it ends up on the floor, which makes our dog Maggie very happy. She got her second tooth too! The second one wasn't near as dramatic as the first one!
She hasn't made any moves towards taking any steps yet. Why walk when you can crawl? She has gotten to where she really loves books, and she will just sit with a big pile of them on the floor. She enjoys taking them out of the basket and throwing them on the floor.
When Aubrey got sick, she also learned to say, "Ma Ma." SO PRECIOUS! She says it often now. She also has learned to open the cabinets, which means I have learned to lock them! Today was the most successful day we have had in the nursery so far. She had her cousin Kate there too, which I think helped. I am so proud of her though! I can't believe we are so close to the 1 year mark! I just adore her! Here are some fun pictures and video footage from the month.

Peek A Boo!

Aubrey loves putting groceries in the grocery cart. She still loves trips to the grocery store.


Second tooth

10 Month Pics

Great smile!

The video monitor is great! Does this look like a girl taking a nap?
Family Pic at Fair in the Square
Aubrey loves playing with Daddy's hat
Sweet kiss to Daddy!
Graham crackers are a favorite snack!

4 comments:

Liz*** said...

I love the video! Cute girl.

Carolyn said...

So adorable! Sorry that Aubrey has been sick. Poor, sweet girl. Love all of the pictures!!

On a random side note, my word verification word is "mermism." I'm not sure if that's the study of mermaids, or perhaps the word for a saying often used by mermaids. :-)

Miss you guys.

Amy Porter said...

I was watching the video while my kids were in the room...and they ran over to see what it was. So...we have watched it over and over!! Super cute!!

*Kendra* said...

Such a cutie pie!