Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hannah Beth is Here!!!

  As you all know, I have been looking forward to having a healthy, full term baby for quite some time. It has been a deep longing in my heart. On December 17th, my prayers were answered as Hannah Beth came into this world.  Some day I want Hannah to be able to look back on this day, and know about her birth story. So, this is for you Hannah, and your sisters too.
 
  Christmas has always been a holiday that I have loved, and I am notorious for starting the Christmas music around October.  However, December was not at the top of my list of when I wanted to have a baby, due to RSV season, busy time of year, etc.. However, as the time came to have Hannah, I couldn't have been more excited about the Lord's plans.
  
  I cannot quite describe why, but I was really wanting Hannah to come on her terms and not mine. As the hours drew near to when I was going to be induced, I realized my hopes of that happening were most likely not going to happen. However, I was on my feet a lot the day before. I also had heard to take a shower and face the water to help move contractions along. (Who knows if that really works!) I was willing to try everything! I spent some time praying about it too!  It turns out I started having contractions at 4:10 in the morning on December 17th, which is when I was planning to be induced anyway! When I woke up, it was  a pretty painful contraction. I watched the clock for the next 45 minutes, as contractions became pretty predictable every few minutes. I woke up Rod, and said, "I think we may be heading to the hospital a little early." We got up earlier than we had planned, and made all the necessary arrangements to get to the hospital early. Luckily, Mimi and Papi were staying at our house for the night anyway, so the girls were well taken care of.

The labor was slow moving, and I was pretty stubborn about not getting any pitocin. When I was dilated to a 6, my doctor came in and broke my water. (And WOW, was there ever water! I had so much, that it actually started dripping on the floor!) Right after that, around 11:18, I got an epidural. I think we all kind of thought the labor would speed up at that point, but Hannah took her time, and I was okay with that. I tried to take in and enjoy every moment. Hours passed as things slowly progressed.

Finally the time came, and I ended up having Hannah at 4:24 pm. She weighed 7 pounds 9 oz and was 20 1/4 in length. She is another Little Rod!  One of our favorite features about her, is that she has a little dimple on the left side of her cheek. SO CUTE! It's amazing how quickly the bond forms between a mother and child! It was such a wonderful day! I had Christmas music going the entire time, as well as Hannah's Christmas tree in the room. I even had brought in Winter Cranberry soap for visitors and staff, as well as a holiday towel.

We are enjoying our time at home now, and the girls have been very excited about their big sister role. They want to hold Hannah all the time, and want to be right where she is. Unfortunately, the girls were both getting over colds when Hannah came home, so their time holding Hannah was very limited and not before a good hand washing.  Our efforts to keep them apart have not paid off though, and unfortunatley Hannah already has her first cold. In fact, on New Year's Eve, Ryleigh had her first ambulance ride to the hospital from the pediatrician's office. It was due to low oxygen levels. (Their reading at the office was around 88) Luckily, after a few hours at the hospital, Ryleigh was able to come home. The doctors have assured us that Hannah and Ryleigh should be fine! I definitely cried some over this, but I know everyone is on the mend. Praise the Lord!

Here are some pics from our hospital stay, and a few at home. These pictures make my heart happy! Enjoy!

Last picture with the girls and my big pregnant belly! The girls were giving Hannah hugs and kisses. I will miss these moments of pregnancy. This was taken just hours before I started going into labor!

Hannah's soon to be room!
I love that the Big Sister shirts are in the background here! Ready to be worn!

Right when I got to the hospital! Check out the big pregnant belly! (Thank you Tam for suggesting this pic! I am so glad I will have this to look back on)

I was truly blessed with having Amber as my nurse for the day. She wasn't actually scheduled to be my nurse, but we did some switching around! I couldn't believe how much she remembered about me, despite all the patients she sees on a daily basis. It was not planned, but she was also my nurse when I went into preterm labor with Ryleigh. She came by multiple times when I was having Marabeth as well. She even was working at the same hospital that I had Aubrey at, but was not my nurse that night. I was so glad she was able to be apart of Hannah's  birth story. It's amazing how much your nurse can make a difference in your day!

Two excited, tired people!

What would I do without my twin sister?

Ryleigh had no problem sharing the popsicles with me!

Having some hang out time while we wait for Hannah

The waiting room! My poor family had to wait forever!


I felt it was only appropriate that there be a Christmas tree in the room for our Christmas Baby!

Aubrey had been very unsure about seeing her Mommy in the hospital. She had been worried about it, leading up to the day. A few days prior she had started crying saying, "I don't want you to go the hospital." When she saw me laying in the bed, she was not sure how to process it. She wouldn't hug me, didn't really want to be on the bed, etc.. Right before it was time to push, she had come into the room with some of her cousins. When they left, she said she didn't want to leave. I asked her if she wanted to get up on the bed with me, which she did. She just layed there hugging me for about 20 minutes. It was a special moment between the two of us. She would of stayed there longer, but then they brought in the warmer, and some other equipment to prepare for Hannah's birth. Aubrey jumped up as she saw some unfamiliar things being brought in. She was very curious about it all, "What is that?" "What are they going to do to Mommy?" So, so sweet!

This was how Aubrey reacted when she first saw me in the bed.
Our special moment, right before push time!

During the long contractions, Hannah's heart beat slowed a little. They gave me some oxygen to help calm Hannah down. Amber assured me that it was a common thing. I was having some four minute contractions that were very hard on Hannah!
After 3 pushes, out she came! This picture makes my heart happy! She looks a lot like Rod to me here! Welcome to the big world Hannah!

7 pounds 9 oz!

One happy, happy Momma! First time to hold Hannah!



We are two proud parents!

Rod's first time to hold Hannah!

Footprint scrubs!

We love you Dr. Hartley!

Tam and I right after our cry moment. Again, it's a must after we have a baby. We just start crying when we see each other. (I can't explain it!)

Nana
                                                                      Papa
The girls first time to see Hannah! Two amazing sisters!

Although Aubrey was not smiling here, she was very exciting about her sister.

The moment you have been waiting for Aubrey!

I love Ryleigh's expression here! Beyond excited!

Show off that tongue Hannah! Mimi and Papi's first time to hold Hannah.....

Here comes the Tate Clan.....

Tate

Laci

Isabelle

Lori

Sheri

Will

                                                                             Kale

Jaydan

Michael

Kate and Carly ( I love their smiles here!)

Zack

Brett

Ellee was sick, so she had to miss out on holding Hannah

Breanne


Keari didn't get to hold Hannah, since her kids both had a virus, she was playing it safe.

Sweet Baby!

Diaper changes!! Rod was a great Dad, and did most of the diaper changes in the hospital.

I am so IN LOVE with this girl!

Hannah's Identification card

Dimple Face, what a cutie!

It was a blessing to have Liz and Jilinda stop by to see Hannah, Rod and I! Unfortuantely with the flu going around, many had to miss out on Hannah's first days!


Aubrey was beyond excited about another opportunity to hold Hannah!

So was Ryleigh!

Mimi and Papi had one last time of holding before heading back to Longview

First family photo with the five of us!
It just doesn't get sweeter than this!

Hearing screening
Hannah passed!

Down time with Hannah, while watching "The Holiday" in the hospital.
(One of my favorite Christmas movies)

Pecan pie was my dessert of choice during our hospital stay. I will forever think of Hannah when I eat pecan pie now!
Hannah's Christmas Tree
The signature steak and lobster meal for the last night

Yummy!

More Hannah pics!
While my milk was still not in, I was desperate to give Hannah something else to suck on! Unfortunately her interest in the pacifier was short lived!

I love the hats with the bows on them!

Nurses Chris and Carrie surprised me with a visit! I love these two people so much! I don't know what I would of done without these two while Ryleigh was in the NICU!

Hannah's Coming Home Outfit! Santa's Little Helper!

One last pic in front of our room, before saying goodbye to the hospital!
First time in the car seat!


First time to Aunt Tam's house! We had to stop there on our way home to pick up Aubrey and Ryleigh!

Big sisters checking on Hannah

First car ride home with all of us! I love Aubrey's face here! You can't tell, but she has a big smile on her face! She was so excited about riding in the back!

Welcome Home Hannah! I am not the only one in love with you!



I am so blessed by all of my girls! I am one lucky Mommy!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Oh, Kam! Congratulations! I love this post so much. Hannah is just beautiful, and already just a perfect fit in your sweet family! I have to admit, a few tears over here. :) What a beautiful restoration and gift from the Lord. You and Rod are wonderful parents, and Hannah will be a blessing to many. Congrats on your beautiful family of girls! Love y'all!