Monday, July 16, 2012

It's A....

Hello Friends and Family!

I wanted to let you all know about our 16 week sonogram from this week! Rod and I were a little anxious as we stepped into the doctor's office. It was the same place we had been with Marabeth, when we found out she most likely did not have long to live. We knew that our chances were good that all would look well, but that still did not stop my heart from feeling like it was about to come out of my chest!

After you have been through a sonogram where things are not looking great, you know the signs to look for from the sonographer. I knew from the way that she was acting, that things were looking good. She was smiling and very happy as she gave us all the details about our baby. We let her know that we also would like to know the gender of the baby.

I think from the beginning I have felt we were going to have a boy. It seems that almost everyone predicted we would have a boy, from family members, to close friends, to strangers. The last eight grandchildren on the Tate side have been girls, so we all figured it was time for a boy. I was so sure we were having a boy, I even had decided what his name would be. However, as the time came to reveal what we were having, I suddenly believed we were having another girl. The sonographer asked us when it came to that moment, "What do you think that looks like to you?" I said, "I have no idea, (even though I was thinking most likely a girl)." And she said, "You are having a GIRL!" I could not believe it! I am starting to think that Rod and I only produce girls, since this makes our fourth!

I have always had a desire to parent a son, but I also love the relationship that sisters have, and love my daughters. The bonds that I have with my sisters are still so strong, and the memories I have from my childhood with them will forever hold a special place in my heart. We had pretend play from teaching in our classrooms, doctor visits, to holding restaurants in the living room. As an adult, I love being able to talk to my Mom and sisters about parenting, nursing, recipes, etc!

I never would of guessed that Tami and I would both be raising a family of girls! Of course, I am not ready to say we are done yet, but it's looking like God intended for us to raise daguhters. I feel sure that our girls are going to have so much fun growing up together. It's such a blessing!

Our high risk doctor was so excited about the way things were looking on the sonogram, he came in before the sonographer was even finished. He walked in with the biggest smile on his face, and said, "Whoo hoo, or something to that effect." He looked me in the face and said, "This is one of my favorite things to do. I love being able to give a family good news after they have been through what you have been through." I could barely hold it together in that moment! He is such a sweet man.

As of now, she is looking great! My cervix is also looking just as it should! I will go in every couple of weeks until I am 24 weeks along. She is measuring ahead and in the 70 percentile at this time. She was moving the entire time. I was even asked if I had drank an expresso shot beforehand. I had drank zero caffine, so she is an active one! The due date still stands at December 21.

We feel so incredibly blessed and we thank each of you for praying for us while we go through this pregnancy. We love you all so very much.

I changed the he to she from her prayer verse! 1 Samuel 27-28. “I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. So now I give her to the LORD. For her whole life she will be given over to the LORD."

Love-Kam


We all met at Cozumels for dinner, and I had everyone pick either a pink or blue piece of candy with their predictions! It was so much fun to see what people predicted! I wanted to make sure no one made predictions based on what we were wearing, so we all had on pinks and blues!

I was videotaping my Dad here, and laughing that he had predicted a girl.He said that if I was having a boy, I would of been more "exberant" on the phone. Before our conversation, he felt sure I was having a boy.

Right before we shared the news!

My sister Lori was out of town, so her husband Brett made a video to send to her!
I pulled a "It's a Girl" candy bar out of my purse!
We each had one, even though there is only one girl in there!

Kate and Aubrey were all smiles!

Ryleigh too!

I think Aubrey was going to be happy with either a brother or a sister! I am not sure Ryleigh gets it quite yet!

Another girl to add to the mix!
Rod and Zack will need a lot of guy time in the future!
It has been so much fun getting to share in this pregnancy with Tami! She is 3 months ahead of me, so we don't have much more time being pregnant together! Kate and Aubrey are 3 weeks apart, Ryleigh and Carly are 6 weeks apart, and these two girls will be 3 months apart!  Our girls are going to have so much fun together!

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Kam, I just love this! I am beyond thrilled for you, and what a wonderful gift to get to be pregnant with your twin again! That is just amazing! Y'all are in our prayers, and I am just overjoyed for you to have this blessing! Love you!