Yesterday, I so hoped and prayed would be the turning point for our baby girl. Unfortunately, that was not the case. The fluid has increased over the course of the week. It has increased to 5.7 cm outside her head and neck. There is a significant amount of fluid surrounding her organs, which you can visibly see on the sonogram. There is a darkness surrounding her organs due to the swelling from the fluid.You can also see a darkening on her skull, due to the swelling. Her lungs are having a hard time functioning, due to the hydrops, causing her heart to work extra hard. Our doctor feels her heart will not be able to sustain what it is doing for long.
It was also concerning that over the week our baby did not grow. Last week she was measuring on track, this week she is measuring a week behind. Our days are very few now, unless God performs a miracle.
I feel I have still remained hopeful, until yesterday. If you could see the sonogram, you would understand why. My heart breaks for this baby. Our doctor let us know, in not so many words that this is the most severe case of hydrops he has seen.
I love this baby so much. I want her to live more than anything. I am not going to give up the small chance of a miracle until it's over. However, I am trying to be cautiously optimistic, due to what the doctors are telling me.
I wanted to thank each of you who have been walking this road with us week to week. You have all prayed with us, cried with us, and asked God for a miracle. I know we have done our part.
Our next appointment is next Thursday at 10:30. My regular OB has said that if I feel she has passed before then, she will squeeze me in to check the heartbeat. I have been blessed with great doctors in this process. I am grateful for that.
A sweet friend of mine reminded me of the Romans 5: 3-5 which provides me with so much comfort.
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. 3 Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; 4 perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
We love you all,
Kamara and Rod
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Still here, still praying
Post a Comment