Sunday, July 3, 2011

Aubrey is 3!

I can't believe my little girl is now 3! Aubrey is one of a kind, and I love every part of her. I can't believe how fast these past 3 years have gone.

Aubrey is so sweet natured, and so tender hearted. She is so quiet in big group settings, but we see such a different side of her at home. She loves dance parties, Cailou, playing with her baby, snacks, playing outside and swimming. Aubrey loves to pretend to talk on the phone too! She always ends her conversations with "Talka bye." That's what she hears when she hears me say, "Talk to you later, bye."

Aubrey has started making bottles for her baby with an empty formula container, and bottle I gave her. It's the cutest thing. She will say things like, "Baby is hungry," or "I am making baby a bottle Mommy." Sometimes when I am holding Aubrey and Ryleigh at the same time I will say, "I got my two pickles." I got it from the movie Little Rascals. Now Aubrey will hold one baby on each hip and say, "Look Mommy, I got my two pickles". Aubrey also tries to help keep Ryleigh happy while I am changing her diaper. She will step up on her stool and say, "It's okay sweetie".

I hear Aubrey say lots of things to her baby, that I say to her or Ryleigh. Here are just a few....

"When you wake up, we will play, okay?"

"That's a Mommy job, okay?"

"It's okay sweetie."

"Baby is sleeping"

"We go pee pee on the potty, we don't go pee pee in our diaper".

Aubrey has even learned my bad habit of getting Sonic everyday! When I roll down the window to order, she wants to order too. So, I roll down her window and we order at the same time.

If you read this blog often, you know that Aubrey and her cousin Kate are close. We decided to do a joint party for the two of them this year, since their birthday is just three weeks apart. We couldn't invite many people outside of family, however I wish we could of had everyone there! We had a great celebration at one of their favorite parks! Check out Aubrey and Kate blowing out the candles!



This was right before the party started, the girls are ready!

They did not hold back on donuts!

Decorations consisted of lots of pictures of Kate and Aubrey growing up together.



We included lots of fun breakfast foods too!



When can we explore?


My friend Erika took this sweet picture of the two of us while we were having a prayer for the girls.

Family Pic

Group Shots









A fun day for Aubrey!

The girls got to blow out their candles on a bunny rabbit donut!




Good job Aubrey!
Aubrey was real embarrassed about the fact that she thought the candle was edible!
Tam and I taking a silly shot!

The kids had fun hitting the pinatas!



Ryleigh wanted to help!

Aubrey was not interested in doing anything to the pinata. She did enjoy holding the bat though.

Opening gifts


Aubrey with Mimi and Papi
Aubrey loves to hit Papa

Aubrey with Nana and Papa

Eating her birthday donut


Ryleigh didn't hold back either!

Aubrey and Ryleigh love the new tent that got from their Aunt KK! Check them out!


Moving onto to Aubrey's actual birthday, June 25
I wanted to make Aubrey's day a special one. We started out the day by letting her pick out a donut of her choice. Which one will she choose?

Then, as we were about to leave the parking lot, (I had not even started the car) a man backed into us. Luckily, the damage was not too bad, but everything comes with a price. I am happy to say, it was not my fault!

I was determined to look past it, and for Aubrey to have a fun day! So, we went to her favorite neighborhood park to eat donuts.


I painted her nails!

She helped me make her birthday cake!


Rod and I took the girls to Gatti Town for lunch. Since it was Aubrey's birthday, we let her have her own Dr. Pepper. She loved it!

Aubrey also enjoyed playing games with Daddy!

Ryleigh enjoyed the pizza too!

Ryleigh wants to know when she can start playing games!


We had time at home for Aubrey to open presents, and eat cake!



 Aubrey got to blow out the candles a second time.



 Our friends Micheal and Jilinda invited us over to swim in their community pool. Aubrey loves swimming, and she loves Lydia, so it was a perfect way to end her birthday.

 These girls are so much fun!


Aubrey,

 I still remember  the first time I saw you. I was instantly a different person. You changed me for the better. You taught me to love in a way that I did not know existed.
Aubrey, there are so many things I love about you. You are so in touch with people's emotions. You have such a tender, compassionate heart. You love to help others, and you are so clean for a three year old! You are such a great big sister to Ryleigh. You play with her all the time! You have already learned so many things about taking care of a baby. I have no doubt that some day you are going to be an incredible Mommy.
I love that I have the priviledge to know things about you that nobody else does. You are quiet in big crowds, but at home you are our little outgoing, dancing queen. You love to eat Mexican food , just like your Mommy does.  You are so beautiful on the inside and out. I love your dark eyes, and your long eyelashes. You are my favorite three your old in the whole world! I love being your Mommy Aubrey! I can't wait to spend a lifetime of birthdays with you!
I love you, Mom

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Looks like a fantastic birthday! Happy Birthday, Aubrey!