Friday, April 22, 2011

The Girls Are Back in Town

 After months and months of trying to stay inside, we are heading back to normal! We have had multiple trips to the grocery store, (Why did I miss that?), we have been back to church as a family, and we have been out to dinner.  If feels great to be able to spend time together as a family in everyday activities. I feel like singing the song, "I'm a Survivor"! 
  We have also jumped back into potty training Aubrey. This has been our third attempt, and this time it's been better than any other time we have tried. I think Aubrey is pretty much trained at this point. I am so, so proud of her. We are still doing pull-ups for naps and bedtime, but other than that, she is in her big girl panties. I am not shy about bringing the portable potty wherever we go. Whatever it takes, right?
   Last weekend we had the March for Babies Walk. As we were walking, we passed signs that said, "In Memory Of" and it brought me to tears. My heart breaks for those Moms and Dads. It was neat to see all the little babies that had made it, what their weight was, etc.
    We met up with many of the parents and babies that were in the NICU with us a year ago. I loved seeing everyone, and getting caught up on the year. There is a special bond there that is so unique, given what we have been through together.
   Ryleigh has been saying more and more sounds. She will say the sounds Ba, Ma, Aah, and Da. She is constantly smiling and moving all over the place. She has given up the army crawling, and is doing the regular crawling now. She pulls up and reaches things she wants, and has attempted to push around the walker. She is such a sweet, happy, baby.
   Aubrey has an obsession with Caillou right now. It's a cute little cartoon that she wants to watch ALL the time. As soon as it's over, she will say, "Mommy, I want to watch it again." She used to love Barney, but it doesn't compare to her obsession with this. I think she must really relate to him. She will say things like, "Caillou is sad, or Caillou is scared". She has always been so in tune with people's emotions. 
 I was so proud of Aubrey last Sunday at church. She did great in class, (was rather quiet) but she did cry when I picked her up. She made it through the entire class without an accident. She just seems so big to me now.  I can't believe how fast time is going!   We will start swim lessons soon, and I am hoping she loves it.
  Aubrey knows that when I say 2 minutes, she doesn't have much longer before it's time to go. Sometimes when she starts to do something she is enjoying, she will say, "Mommy, 2 minutes." I love the girl!
   Aubrey and Ryleigh are starting play more and more together, and it really makes me happy. One of their favorite things to do is play in the kitchen together. Enjoy all the pics of our fun times together!
 This video cracks me up of Aubrey and Kate. They love Tin Star!

Aubrey enjoying a blizzard with Daddy!
These furry friends have been living right above our front door! UGH!

Ryleigh still manages to smile, even when she doesn't feel well.

More dinner pics!

Aubrey and Kate LOVE each other!
Aubrey enjoying some popcorn at Target

March for Babies Pics

Our friend Julie came too!

Aubrey and Julie were buddies for the day.

Our Team

Our family pic at Church
We are so glad to be back as a family!

Aubrey and Ryleigh
Ryleigh-14 Months


Aubrey eating ice cream after going the big one in the potty!

Aubrey and Ryleigh in their kitchen

1 comment:

jaymie said...

Loving all the pics!! A special congrats and YIPEEEEE for getting through the winter. It's a big milestone for preemie moms!!! Yeah! Enjoy your outings!!