Monday, July 6, 2009

Aubrey's Party and Celebration

We've had a lot going on lately between vacation and the Fourth of July, and I haven't posted about any of it yet, including Aubrey's birthday party! So, I need to get with it!
We celebrated Aubrey's party on Saturday, June 20th. I wanted to do a Luau themed party, and it was a lot of fun! Between our two families, we already had about 25 people, so I had to keep the invitations to a minimum. We ended up having a full house! I also wanted to have food that somewhat went with the Hawaiian theme, so we had honey teriyaki chicken, meatballs in sweet and sour sauce, sandwich swirls, fruit, and many other snacks. I ended up ordering cake from a wonderful place called Tart Bakery, and a cupcake cake for the kids from Kroger. Of course I had to get Aubrey a little smash cake too! Watching her eat the cake was a priceless moment! She enjoyed the cake portion more than she did the icing portion of the cake. It ended up everywhere, but of course that's part of it! We also had baby pools set up out front, and a slip and slide and jump house out back as entertainment for the kids.
It ended up being a great day for Aubrey. She handled all the attention better than I thought she would. I was so proud of her. I know I am always going to remember her very first birthday! It's such a memorable year overall. Enjoy the pictures and video footage from the day.
I LOVE this video!

All the decorations







Family Pic
My nephews Jaydan and Tate
My Aunt Sandra and Dad
Hanging out in the front yard with friends
Nana and Papi
Opening gifts
Candice (Rod's sister) and her boyfriend Jose
Candice and Jose enjoying the Bounce House
Play time in the baby pools

Rod and I with Tami and Zack and our girls

Our friends David and Jenny with their son Colton (Aubrey's boyfriend)
Mimi and Papi
This was on Aubrey's actual birthday. I let her celebrate with a muffin which she loved!
Opening gifts from Mom and Dad
Experiencing ice cream for the first time on B-Day.

Aubrey now has both front teeth! She is so ticklish!

1 comment:

The Pruetts said...

It was a special celebration. We are so proud of our sweet little niece, Aubrey.