As far as Rod's birthday, as you all know, he doesn't like being the center of attention. So, I tried to keep things low key for him. We did have a Tate celebration for him at Sammy's BBQ, and the entire place clapped after we sang to him. It was quite funny. The best part was, my brother-in-law (Micheal) started yelling SPEECH, SPEECH after we were done singing! Of course I had to chime in too! Rod wouldn't of stood up to give a speech for anything, but it sure was fun giving him a hard time. Not to mention, many of us in the family will raise our hands up and shout "Rod, Rod, Rod" just to give him attention in situations. This was one of those times. You know I love you Rod! I can't wait to spend the next 30 years with you! For his birthday, I gave him the Playstation 3, which he is already enjoying!
For those of you who have known Tami and I awhile, you know we have a tendency to laugh at random things. Often times people don't understand what we think is so funny. I can't explain our sense of humor! We usually find things funny that we can relate to, or at times when we shouldn't be laughing. Which is why Tami and I were often in trouble during pledging in college! We were constantly laughing at things that were supposed to be serious. I'm sorry, but seeing other people take it so seriously made me laugh! We ended up becoming good friends with Holly Mock during this time, because she didn't take any of it too seriously! I love you Holly! (I'll be honest though, there were many tearful moments in pledging on my part as well.)
At Rod's first hockey game, the people behind us kept spilling beer on Rod and many other people. I looked over and saw Rod covered with beer. This was certainly not funny to Rod at all, but when I looked over and saw beer dripping from his head, I couldn't help but laugh. I am sure he really appreciated the fact that Tami and I were laughing uncontrollably. It's contagious too. You know how it is. All that to say, I think Aubrey has a similar sense of humor. She laughs at the funniest things. She just looks at Maggie and laughs all the time. She especially thinks it's funny when Maggie chews on her ball. Why, I don't know! I sure do appreciate it though! Here is some video footage of her crawling, and laughing at Maggie, 7 month pics, as well as some pics of Rod's Birthday!
Her most recent funny facial experession
Rod's Birthday Celebrations
Zack, Rod, Brent and Ben
Me, Liz, Tami and Erika



2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROD! AHHHHH, Aubrey's crawling!!! Fun times:) The video of her laughing is adorable, it made Kev and me laugh. What kind of dog is Maggie? I can't remember, part poodle, right?
Aubrey is soooo cute!ss
Post a Comment