It's been awhile since I have blogged, and there has been so much that has happened since then! Aubrey celebrated her half birthday (my next post will be all about it!), we celebrated Christmas and New Years, and sadly Papa Cox lost his battle with cancer. It has been a crazy few weeks. Papa Cox was such a wonderful man, and I learned so much more about him through his death. He loved the Lord so much, and spent many years with Granny Cox going through the whole Bible. We all will miss him, but we also know he is finally at peace with the Lord in what he calls "The Big House." I will never forget his gentle smile, the way he looked at Granny Cox, and the way he held little Aubrey even as his arms were growing weaker. Papa Cox knew he was dying, so he planned most of the funeral out before his death. His faith was evident in the songs he chose, and the the things he said in his last days. At his graveside service, Aubrey was cooing and talking, and it reminded me that the circle of life continues. Here is a picture in memory of him...

As far as Christmas goes, it was fun sharing in it with Aubrey. She cared more about the tissue paper than the gifts themselves, of course! Our Christmas Day was not the best, as Rod and I were fighting a stomach bug, but we will still look back on the day with fond memories. I wanted to share a scary experience with Aubrey opening a gift. I actually say on the video that I will not be keeping the footage, but I couldn't help myself. It makes me laugh now! You have to watch the whole thing through, to know what I am talking about!
Crazy huh?
Here are some of my favorite pics from Christmas! Enjoy!
Christmas with Rod and I
Aubrey admiring all her gifts!

Christmas in Grapevine

The Jackson's

Dad and Aubrey

Tami, Lori and I and our girls!

Aubrey got a stocking!

Dad reading "Twas the Night Before Christmas"

All 10 grandchildren

We are running out of room on the mantel!

Laci and Aubrey

Jaydan and Tate

Christmas Day Craziness!

Zack and the girls!

Christmas in Longview
Maggie looks HUGE!

Aubrey fell in love with the little Santa she got from Granny Cox! I have never seen her laugh so much! Check her out!
3 comments:
Too sweet, Kam! I love to see you enjoying those little moments with Aubrey, they come and too fast!! Is she crawling already????
Cute, cute, cute!!! I still feel bad about not getting to help you out during the funeral...but my kids ended up having walking pneumonia, so...your welcome! :) Come see us again (well...I mean, the in-laws, but you know...)
You can tell that Aubrey has a lot of love in her life. I like the sweet picture of Papa Cox.
Post a Comment