Monday, September 29, 2008

Letting Go

Rod and I finally let go of having Aubrey in our room last night! She has been in our room for the last 3 months, so we figured it was time. I didn't think Aubrey would ever give her crib a chance! Everytime I would lay her down, she would immediately start crying. It took me putting a quilt as well as another blanket on top of her sheet for her to be comfortable with it. Aubrey does not like the mattress! I now know Aubrey likes to sleep on soft things. Of course I am making excuses, Rod and I both liked having her right there with us. We both woke up around 3:30 am to check on her. She did great! Now she is down for the second night in a row! I still prefer her to be in our room, but I knew we couldn't keep her there forever . I am now working on getting her to bed at a more reasonable time, and more independent of me. We will see how it goes. One thing at a time!

1 comment:

Amy Porter said...

Ok...first of all...you are not allowed to post without putting up a picture of that sweet girl!! :) Second, I totally understand exactly what you are feeling! We kept Mal in our room for 3 months and the first night we moved her I just sat in bed and cried! :) She just seemed "so far". Good to hear yall are doing good! Hope to see you soon!